Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thank you Jesus!

So, I can’t contain myself! I HAVE to share this praise report. J
 
FIRST - I was driving to school this morning WITHOUT Lily in the car, which is unusual to begin with (she is staying home today). Let me back up a little bit – ever since we have decided to move forward with adopting a little boy from Haiti I keep hearing songs on the radio that really touch my heart. I remembered someone posting a song about children in Haiti about a year ago, but, I couldn’t remember the name or the artist and I really wanted to hear it again. As soon as I started up my car this morning, I recognized that THE SONG was playing on 94.1 . . . . they rarely tell you at the end of the song what the name & artist are BUT today they did!! I enjoyed listening to “Kings and Queens – by Audio Adrenaline”  . . . smiling and getting goose bumps, I just praised the Lord through the whole song. I petitioned the Lord one more time, to help us adopt a little boy. We have had the heart to do this, but, haven’t had all the finances lined up. I surrendered it to Him once again and felt a peace wash over me.
 
THEN, the next song that came on . . . by Brandon Heath  . . . I heard these words:
I felt it first when I was younger
A strange connection to the light
I tried to satisfy the hunger, I never got it right
I never got it right
 
So I climbed a mountain and built an altar
Looked out as far as I could see
And every day I'm getting older, I'm running out of dreams
I'm running out of dreams
 
But your love, your love
The only thing that matters is
Your love, your love
Is all I have to give
Your love is enough to light up the darkness
It's your love, your love
All I ever needed is your love
 
I cried out to the LORD . . . I don’t NEED to have this dream work out, I don’t have to adopt to find joy, ALL I NEED is YOUR LOVE!! I was loving this awesome time alone with God.
 
LAST PART OF THE STORY -  I walked into the school office. Looked in my teacher mail box to find a sealed envelope with my name on it. Hmmm? I opened it to find a $100 bill and the following verses and message – ANONYMOUSLY!  I couldn’t believe it!
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.” –James 1:17
“And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me.” –Matthew 18:5
“From the rising of the sun to the setting of the same, the name of the LORD is to be praised.” –Psalm 113:3
“Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.” –Romans 12:12
 
Thank you Jesus, for blessing me through this day and whoever this anonymous person is. Please bless everyone who reads this email. Let it grow their faith to know that you DO hear and you DO listen. Amen.
 
If you would like to watch the video of Audio Adrenaline’s song about the children in Haiti, go to this link:
Feel free to pass this on J

No comments:

Post a Comment